EPISODE 5 of 6: The Plagues Prophecy
This week (February 2) on Shabbat Night Live, every Passover we recall the 10 plagues of Egypt, but is there something more significant to understand than just the words on the page?
Jake Hilton explains how the events that unfolded during the plagues of Egypt reveal YeHoVaH’s redemption plan outlined in the Book of Revelation.
Watch the episode — included in this blog post.
While you watch, consider the questions below. The timeline for each discussion topic in the video is noted on each question. Post your answers in the comments section and let’s get some discussion going!
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 14:53) What does Scott Laird recommend reading first in order to understand Revelation?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 17:03) What are the correlations between the book of Exodus and the book of Revelation, and how do they help in understanding the concept of revelation?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 18:27) What is the significance of the pattern of warnings and no warnings in the plagues brought upon Egypt by Yehovah, and how does it relate to the idea of challenging the authority of the pagan gods?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 21:26) What was the progression of the plagues in Egypt, and how did they transition from one level to another?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 27:25) What is the significance of the progression of the plagues from water to land to air to space, and then to the spiritual realm in the context of the Exodus story?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 30:50) What do you think is the significance of the distinction made by Yehovah between His people and the Egyptians during the plagues in the book of Exodus?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 32:46) What is the significance of the first three plagues affecting both the Israelites and the Egyptians, and how does it relate to the message of hope for the future?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 41:18) What is the significance of the great tribulation period in the book of Revelation, and how does it relate to the teachings of Yeshua in the Torah and the New Testament?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 44:51) What are the promises of God that give us hope, security, and a great reward, even in the midst of intense and brutal tribulation?
- (VIDEO TIMELINE: 49:00) What are the parallels between the plagues of God’s wrath in Revelation and the plagues poured out on Egypt?